I know this is a common theme for me to say, but boy have I been busy! I don't know how people do it all. Every morning I wake up and I feel as if I am in the amazing race. Every night I collapse from exhaustion. Trying to juggle work, parenting, the house, friendships, hobbies, being a landlord, adjunct teaching, and attempting a social life is so challenging. Oh yeah, and this winter I decided to enroll in a Masters Certificate program. What was I thinking?
BUT---I really want to stay committed to blogging. I enjoy reading my friends and sister-in-law blogs so much. I think it is a great way to journal our crazy life.
So here are many over-due updates...
- 16 months old!
- She is a string bean. Big bobble-head, 33.5 inches long, and now 22.7 lbs. She recently lost a little bit of weight due to a not-so-fun battle with RSV.
- Walking, running, climbing. She just doesn't stop.
- Talks all the time in a language that we can yet understand. Full sentences in some strang language...
- Says momma, dada, dog-dog, go, All done, What's that, and more.
- Understands simple commands. Go get your paci. Where is your drink? Want to go to bed? Where is your baby? etc.
- Best friends: Cousin Deacon, Dog-dog (Stanley), and Zoey (daycare friend).
- She is a girly-girl to the max! Loves playing with her dolls, purse, wallets, make-up, jewelry, hair clips, etc.
- Personality: Animated, sweet yet sassy, independent, busy, talkative, and stubborn.
- Chaotic! Our department of 7 has been operating with 4. Tons of over-time, working weekends, etc. After the new year we will be at a full-staffing model. Thank goodness.
- Still lifelong landlords. Our property is currently open again for new tenants.
- Aaron is a busy man. Hockey season is in full swing!
- Basement is almost finished! Yippie! Thanks to my mother-in-law and father-in-law!
- 2012 has been a tough year in more ways than one. Looking forward to a NEW year! Bring on 2013!
- IM GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE....x 2! My sister, Cathy, is due in March with a little boy and my sister-in-law, Kristi, is due in June! Can't wait to find out if it is a little boy or girl!