Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Blog Challege #3: What are you afraid of

What am I afraid of...well a better question would be what am I NOT afraid of. 

One of the biggest things that I personally struggle with is work/life balance...as I am finishing up work right now at 11:40 p.m. on a Wednesday night.  Oh the irony. I just returned back to work from maternity leave, so perhaps this is why I am constantly thinking about it. 

Prior to children, I worked a lot.  When I say a lot, no exaggeration probably well over 55-60 plus hours a week.  I told myself that once I had children I would scale back. Has it happened?  I would love to say yes, but unfortunately no. And sad to say, there are weeks that I now work more.

So, what am I afraid of?  Missing out on special moments with my husband and children.  Priorities change and shift as you transition through life.  I am determined to find that balance.  I know I am meant to be a working mother, but I know I could do better about shutting off the computer once I get home.

My family is my world and finding balance is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment