Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter fun & a blast from the past...

Last Sunday we had the opportunity to celebrate Easter with many of our loved ones.  Evie did not sleep well on Saturday night, which made me a bit anxious since we had a jam-packed day.

Sunday morning we went to church with Aaron's parents.  Evie was such a good girl, well for the first 20 minutes.  It went quickly down-hill from there.  One thing about my daughter is that she can be the happiest baby one second, but once she decided she has had enough...well she's had enough.  No turning back.  E and I had to exit stage right.  As soon as we were out in the lobby she was a happy camper. I thought, "Perfect, time to go back in."  Well, we headed back in just to head back out in a matter of minutes after another mini-meltdown.  

We headed off to my mom and Don's house in Farmington.  My mom made her usual yummy feast of food.  Evie got spoiled rotten by her auntie and grandma.  It felt like Christmas!  Jeepers, I do not remember getting all of that stuff.  Here is a couple of pictures from my mom's house.

The look on her face is priceless.  She's thinking "Really mommy?!? Too many pictures!"
Evie in her Easter Outfit

After my mom's, we headed over to my aunts in Bloomington to be with my dad's side of the family.  Evie got to hang out with her great-grandpa & great-grandpa, along with tons of my cousins, aunts, and uncles.  Evie was a champ even thou she was exhausted.  


When it was Evie's bedtime she was a h.o.t mess.  So overtired, but she had so much fun!

Blast from the past...6 years ago Aaron proposed to me on Easter Sunday. He proposed in a giant, white bunny suit.  No lie.  


He was student teaching at the time and the kids in his class gave him the idea.  We stayed the night at his parents house the night before. Aaron woke me up that morning by calling my cell and told me my dog ran away.  I was in pure panic mode! Stan is my fur baby.  I flew out of bed and ran into the backyard.  When I went into the backyard, I noticed Stan running around like a mad-man, whipping his head, and trying to get these bunny ears off of his head.  Confused, I walked a bit further onto the deck to notice a HUGE bunny stumbling awkwardly towards me and then getting down on one knee.  I think I said, "Shut-up."  Charming, huh?  :) Meanwhile, Kristi was getting it all on video while hiding in the trees. 


I was totally caught off-guard.  It was the perfect proposal for us. I wanted to be surprised and I thought it was fun, cute, and clever.  I have a picture to prove everything...



Check out Stan's bunny ears around his neck!

Easter will always have a special place in my heart. I am looking forward to building so many more Easter memories with my little family.  I wonder if that giant, white bunny will make an appearance at future Easter events...

1 comment: